Interview with someone

Antworten
bird-words

Interview with someone

Beitrag: # 15894Beitrag bird-words »

Sorry, this post will be in english, I don't have good enough German to discuss this but I think it's pretty important.

I am being interviewed by Clive Baldwin today. I'm going to let you guys know how that goes and detail the interview and throw some opinions out there.

Some background:

I have blind BIID so I desire to be blind. I have had problems with it since I was 8 years old. Today is my first interview about it... Kind of nervous.
bird-words

Re: Interview with someone

Beitrag: # 15898Beitrag bird-words »

Now that I've had a day to think about it...

He called me an hour earlier than I expected. The interview lasted about an hour and a half, and was in English.

He seemed quiet and let me dominate most of the interview, as expected. He did bring up stories from other individuals that he interviewed. I noticed that some of the questions I would describe as comparing and contrasting between previous people that have been interviewed. There seemed to be an emphasis in several questions about previously interviewed people about being "more abled" while pretending, to which I told him that while I don't feel necessarily "more abled", instead I feel more comfortable and natural. He asked me some questions about my medical history as well as questions about my upbringing and how people around me knew. I told him that I was self diagnosed with BIID although after years of attempts to understand, and that it served as a tentative diagnosis, just in case if something else manages to fix the problem.

Another question he asked was if I would get rid of it. I feel really split on this question because whatever is wrong with me makes me suffer tremendously and I feel like I can't settle anywhere, but at the same time it's also a major part of my identity and my understanding of the world. Essentially it is a part of "me" now and I can't really do anything to reverse that. However I told him that if I were a baby and there was a way to detect and prevent potential BIID I would feel alright with that since then they would have never become BIID-afflicted.

He also asked me if I would get surgery, I said no because technically I don't need surgery. It's a lot easier to "accidentally" blind yourself than amputate or paralyze yourself. I told him though that "transitioning" has crossed my mind a lot.

He mentioned that some people interviewed were from this very website. I did mention that I met some people from this website but did not elaborate on any details about anyone else I know with BIID or BIID-like symptoms.

He mentioned that an additional interview will likely be scheduled in 6-8 weeks. I'm not sure how many subsequent interviews will occur.

All in all it makes me wonder how my own form of BIID functions in comparison to others.
Zuletzt geändert von bird-words am So 19. Jul 2015, 14:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Marisol5268

Beitrag: # 15899Beitrag Marisol5268 »

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Maybe you can keep us informed about the following interviews and how they went. I am also affected by BIID blind and it is not always easy to deal with the situation.

Regards
Marisol
Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut, das Wesentliche ist für die Augen unsichtbar (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
Andy

Beitrag: # 15912Beitrag Andy »

I want to thank you, too, and keep us informed.
It's nice to see that I'm not the only young person who found out that he or she has BIID, however, in my case it's a complete paralysis of my left leg I want.
I hope you'll feel better understood with further interviews.
Jacky Sully

Beitrag: # 15986Beitrag Jacky Sully »

Thank you for sharing. I recently thought about contacting him myself (although I'm from germany). Therefore your shared experience is a little helpful.
Truth doesn't have to be liked. It only has to be spoken. Speak it out. The Truth may hurt you, but it will set you free.
Amish Tripathi
Antworten